Dec 17, 2013
It happens every year: the holidays come around and we eat twice our bodyweight from Thanksgiving until New Year's Day. This holiday season, let’s try to shrink our winter coat and come out of hibernation for a few cheerful runs.
There are plenty of 5k and 10k races and fun runs all around us. It’s a great excuse to buy more training gear for the cold mornings! If we do train early or late, when it is dark be sure to layer up, wear something reflective, and be safe in icy conditions.
There are plenty of races to choose from this season. Start the New Year off on the Right Foot. It is a great way to bring the family together, spend some time outside and enjoy the company of others that have the same passion as you do. Here are a few other upcoming events.
1) Holiday 5k at the Esplanade, Boston. http://runagainstcancer.org/holiday-5k/
2) Jingle Bell 5k in Somerville. http://www.baevents.com/jinglebell/
3) 5k resolution to Kick Cancer in Lexington.http://www.resolutionrun2kickcancer.org/Site/5K_Run.html
4) New Years Day 5k in Needham. https://sites.google.com/site/needhamrunningclub/new-years-day-5k/newyearsday5kandkidsrun
5) The Hangover classic on Salisbury Beach. http://runthecircle.org/wordpress/?page_id=951
These races are right around the corner. Lets get outside and start running!