This is one of my favorite vegetable soups and a great way to keep you healthy through cold and flu season thanks to all the vitamin rich vegetables!
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 2 bell peppers (I used one yellow and one red)
- 3-4 cups chopped kale
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced and no salt added tomatoes
- 32 fl. oz container of vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 15 oz can organic Northern beans
- Sea salt and pepper
- In a large pot warm your tbs. of olive oil.
- Add in your chopped carrot, chopped bell peppers, and zucchini and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in the kale and diced tomatoes and stir occasionally 4 minutes longer.
- Add in your vegetable broth. Use your judgement on how much broth you prefer. I like my soup thick so I used around 1/2 of the broth. If you like your soup thinner add in the full container.
- Add in your fresh basil, beans, sea salt, and pepper to your liking.
- Let your soup simmer over low heat for 10-20 minutes.