New Year's Healthier Stir Fry Recipe
Dec 29, 2021
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 2c broccoli (chopped into thick chunks)
- 1c mushrooms
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1c bean sprouts
- 1c snow peas
- 1c zoodles (you can use any vegetable noodle here or even opt for a brown rice)
- 1/2c chicken broth
- 1tbs liquid aminos
- 3tbs orange juice
- Cayenne or red pepper (to taste)
- Heat half of the vegetable oil in wok over high heat. Add half chopped garlic.
- Chop chicken breasts to bite-sized chunks and place in wok.
- Allow chicken to cook until you no longer see pink, then set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil and garlic to the pan. Let the oil heat up and then add in the carrots, broccoli, and mushrooms. Cover the wok for a few minutes until vegetables look steamed. Add in the bean sprouts, peppers and snow peas.
- Add your zoodles to the mix and then add in chicken broth, aminos, orange juice, and spice to taste.
- Add in the chicken. Cook for one more minute while mixing.
- Take off heat and enjoy!