Spring into Shape
Mar 4, 2015
5 Ways To Get Back In Shape This Spring
In most parts of the country, the winter has done serious damage. The kind of damage that has no regard for your warmth, happiness or heating bill. Fortunately, spring is only 15 days away. We are slowly but surely seeing some glimpses of the sun. More sun means more skin, and for many, those long winter months where we were able to cover any extra pounds will soon come to a close. Getting back into a workout routine after a hiatus is never easy, but like all things in life, you cannot grow without change. Fortunately, each day provides us with a new opportunity to live healthier lives.
Here are 5 ways to jumpstart getting back in shape this spring:
1. Find a workout buddy to hold you accountable. Most of us have friends who are in the same boat as us: looking for ways to stay on top of our fitness game and get back in shape. Ask a friend if they will join you in a fun fitness challenge for a few weeks.
2. Keep a food journal. Keeping track of what you’re consuming on a daily basis is a great way to better understand why the pounds may not be coming off like you’d like them to. Keep a daily journal that tracks what you eat, everything from snacks to drinks, and make adjustments in your eating habits as you go along.
3. Explore new options. Sometimes the elliptical or treadmill can become monotonous .As the weather warms up, try going for a jog instead of staying indoors, or try a new dance class at your local gym or fitness studio.
4. Plan your meals ahead of time. One of the easiest ways to self-sabotage getting in shape is by not keeping enough groceries in the refrigerator or not planning meals out ahead of time. Try to plan your grocery list ahead of time and stick to it.
5. Love yourself no matter what. Those moments of agonizing over your body do not allow us to see the beauty in simply being who we are. Love handles can come and go, and they will with proper lifestyle changes. But what matters just as much as your actions are your thoughts. Try not to be so hard on yourself! Strive to be the best that you can be…