Healthy Granola Option
Aug 17, 2021
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 cup whole, raw almonds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line it with a piece of parchment paper.
- Next, add rolled oats, almonds, and pepitas to the baking sheet and toss. Then, season with cinnamon and drizzle with maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
- Toss everything together making sure all ingredients are combined and evenly coated with maple syrup and coconut oil. Spread the granola out on the baking sheet so that it’s an even thickness.
- Bake your granola recipe at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Make sure to keep a close eye on your granola because it can burn easily. Bake until golden brown.
- Remove granola from the oven and then add dried cranberries and toss. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before eating or storing.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for up to 2 weeks.
TIPS & NOTES
- The serving is about 1/4 cup.
Serving Size: 1/8 Calories: 231 Sugar: 6 Sodium: 27 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 23 Fiber: 5 Protein: 6