Aug 18, 2016
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 eggplant, any variety, chopped into cubes
- 2 small zucchini, chopped or sliced
- 2 small summer squash, chopped or sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 small tomatoes, fresh
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 2 drops hot sauce
- ½ cup fresh chopped basil, or 1 T dried (use fresh if you can, it's a lot better)
- 4 seasoned and cooked chicken breast, sliced, chopped, or cubed
- Heat oil in pan with onion. When onion is sizzling, add eggplant and cook for 5 minutes. Then add zucchini and squash, cook for 3 minutes.
- Push the vegetables out to the edges of the pan and cook the garlic in the center (may need to add a little olive oil) for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Dump the tomatoes in and stir to release juice and add in the wine. Cook until tomatoes are fairly well broken-down. The eggplant should be mushy.
- Now add the cooked chicken, salt, black pepper and hot sauce. Stir all together.
- Mix in the fresh basil, and take off heat.