With all the holiday parties and dining out here are some calorie cutting tips:
- Plan ahead (choose a healthy restaurant, look at the menu online and choose your meal in advance).
- If you keep an accountability journal (I highly recommend you do) write your meal down before you go out, it'll hold you accountable.
- Send the bread basket or the chips and salsa away (out of site out of mind).
- Steer Clear of the following menu items (battered, braised, crispy, gravy, sauteed, fried, au gratin, and breaded).
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you are seated (it fills you up and keeps your hands busy).
- Limit your alcohol intake (I know it's a tough one for most - but do try).
- Eat slowly (put your fork down between bites). Focus on enjoying the company your with.
- Watch the portion size (order a lunch portion or split your meal)