Eating Better - Start Now!
Nov 23, 2009
You don't have to do a Full-Life make-over to begin to improve your life today. Just doing one step at a time can reverse the process and point you towards a healthier, longer, and more rewarding life. Here are my TOP 5 Eating Better TIPS you can start today :
TOP 5 Eating Better TIPS
1. DO NOT LEAVE THE HOUSE IN THE MORNING WITHOUT EATING -
most people no longer have an appetite to even consider eating in the morning. Consider this; people who eat breakfast tend to burn 20-30% more calories throughout the day from the thermic effect of food - that's the energy cost of chewing, and digesting every single bite! Follow TIP #4 and have a well balanced breakfast; a meal having both protein and vegetables (like the spinach omelets that those PERFECT PEOPLE get up in the morning to eat while sipping hot green tea.) and you'll stop your muscles from cannibalizing themselves, saving valuable fat burning material.
2. SPLIT YOUR LUNCHES - chances are you are already eating something for lunch - best choices would be salads with lean sources of protein added (e.g. chicken, fish, turkey) and sandwich wraps; these should look like said mentioned sandwich wrapped in a tortilla. What ever you decide, just eat half of it for lunch, and eat the other half WHEN? - - - that's right 3-4 hours later!
3. CONVERT SNACKS INTO MINI-MEALS - no longer are pretzels, peanuts, and sundried prunes a viable nutritious snack. Not by themselves anyways. Consider every time you feed yourself an opportunity for you to make your body better or not. Tip #4 is a real doozie.
4. COMBO's ONLY - every time you eat, you should have a lean source of complex protein AND a fruit/vegetables. That means that apple you had before reading this as a snack doesn't cut-it! Add some turkey jerky and we'll talk....
5. WATER ONLY - shift away from DRINKING your calories and stick to EATING them. This ensures you stay hydrated while avoiding those beverages high in sugars that tend to hijack your metabolism.