2013 Fitness Tips to Start Your New Year on the Right Foot
Dec 29, 2012
1. What a plate should look like to get metabolism burning (ratio of proteins, carbs, veggies, fruits etc.)
Fire Up #Metabolism: Try a #healthy NT dinner…Spinach salad, vegetarian chili, & wash down with green tea http://tinyurl.com/adw6ddm
2. Easy ways to add more veggies into your meals
EZ #veggie booster: try the NT chunky #vegetable soup #recipe http://tinyurl.com/adw6ddm
3. The effects that drinking water have on your metabolism
#Water: the ultimate calorie-free #metabolism booster! Aim for 8 glasses/day
4. The effects of the “sugar crash”
Stop the #sugar crash. Avoid simple sugars (soda!) they jolt sugar level up then quickly crash = fatigue.
5. Why caffeine may (or may not…I’m not sure!) be a great way to fire up your metabolism
Fire Up #Metabolism: Drink caffeinated coffee (without added sugar and/or bad fats)
6. The importance of getting enough fiber in your diet
Fill up on #Fiber (fruit, veggies and whole grains). Good for the #heart & the waistline.
7. How yogurt can help you
Go Greek! Fat-free Greek #Yogurt is high in protein and other bone & muscle-building nutrients.
8. Foods that slow metabolism
Fire Up #Metabolism: Avoid bad fats in fatty meats, butter, full fat ice cream, creams and full-fat cheeses
9. The importance of eating breakfast
Fire Up #Metabolism: Break the fast by eating a bowl of oatmeal this morning!
10. How much dairy should we consume?
Build your bones: eat liquid calcium foods like fat-free milk or light soy milk every day.
11. Green tea’s advantages
Fire Up #Metabolism: Drink green tea (minus the added sugar) throughout the day to boost your burn
12. The effects that alcohol has on metabolism
Fire Up #Metabolism: Curb your alcohol intake to only red wine (1 a day 4 women, 2 a day 4 men)
Fitness Together Point Loma personal training gym
2750 Dewey Rd. Ste 101
San Diego, CA 92106