Zucchini Noodles with Leek-Tomato Sauce
Apr 7, 2014
What You'll Need:
1 large zucchini
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 leek, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup tomato purée
Herbs for garnish
What to Do:
- Slice zucchini into ribbons or spiral noodles. You can do this a few ways: a mandoline, a spiral peeler (aka spiralizer), or simply julienne cut the zucchini into noodle-like strips. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and leek. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomato purée to the saucepan and mix.
- Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens to your liking.
- Pour the leek marinara sauce over the zucchini and dig in! The warmth of the sauce will soften the zucchini.