Twice-Baked Broccoli-and-Kale-Stuffed Potatoes
Apr 7, 2014
What You'll Need:
2 russet potatoes
1 cup cooked broccoli (roasted or steamed is fine)
6 large tuscan kale leaves
1/2 cup milk
2–3 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes, then poke each several times with a fork (making sure to press well into the potato flesh).
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray, and bake for 50-60 minutes, until tender. Once cooked, remove from the oven.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prep the kale leaves: Wash and dry, remove and discard the thick inner stems, and roughly chop the leaves.
- Cook in a pot of rapidly boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain and run under cold water to stop cooking process. Set cooked kale aside.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise, and scoop the insides out into a blender, leaving a good 1/4 inch of potato flesh still attached to the potato skin (otherwise, your potato might fall apart). (Note: If you don't have a blender, you can use a hand blender, a food processor, or simply mash the ingredients with a fork!)
- Add the broccoli, kale, and milk to the blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Scoop the pureed broccoli-kale-potato mixture back into the potato skins. Sprinkle with the grated cheddar cheese, return to the baking sheet, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Change the oven setting to broil, and continue cooking on high for 3 minutes to brown the cheese. Remove from the oven and serve!