Pumpkin & Coconut Cake Bites
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin puree
- ½ cup mashed banana
- ½ cup unsweetened dessicated coconut
- 1½ cup whole spelt flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- scant ½ tsp sea salt
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp cloves, ¼ tsp ginger, pinch nutmeg, pinch allspice)
- roasted pumpkin seeds, optional
- Preheat over to 180C (350F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine pumpkin, banana and coconut and mix well. Sift over dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter onto the tray, the cake bites won't spread very much so you can keep them pretty close together. Press seeds into tops if using.
- Bake for 8 - 10 mins until just firm and lightly browned. Cool on tray for 5 mins before moving to rack to cool completely.
* This recipe has no sugar but if you want a sweeter cake bite add a couple Tbsp of coconut sugar or rice syrup with the banana.