- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbs. light brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 ears sweet corn, husked or husk stripped back and tied together to form handle
- Combine coconut milk, sugar, bay leaf, and salt in small saucepan over medium heat. Let simmer gently until sugar dissolves, 3 to 5 minutes. Taste for sweetness, adding more sugar if necessary. Remove pan from heat and let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Preheat grill to high. When ready to cook, brush grill grate clean and apply thin coat of oil to grate. Place corn on hot grate; start basting with coconut milk mixture after a few minutes. Baste several times as it grills until nicely browned on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side, 8 to 12 minutes in all, turning with tongs.
- Baste corn one final time, transfer to platter or plates, and serve.
Note: The handle idea is cute in theory but mine burnt on the grill and flew everywhere so if you tie the husks back hang them off the grill so they don't burn or just take the husks off all together.