It’s too early. I forgot my socks. There is just not enough time in the day. I already washed my hair today.
We all have used them, the excuses why we can’t workout today. It is high time to throw all the excuses out and jump on the work-out bandwagon.
Here are a few tips that will make working out a little bit more doable even with a tight schedule:
- Plan for it. Quickly pack a bag the night before. Don’t be excessive; just throw in the gym essentials!
- Get it over with early. Rolling out of bed at the crack of dawn may be painful at first but after your work-out you will have more energy and feel more alert for the day. So do it and let the snooze button be a thing of the past.
- Make time for it. If you can’t get it done early just get it done. Instead of that hour of T.V. at night turn it into 30 minutes of T.V. and 30 minutes of exercise. For a quick 30 minute exercise jump on a Hubway bike or go for a walk/jog in your neighborhood.
- Start small. Start with a simple weight routine or a 20-30 minute jog or walk. Gradually start adding more in or mixing it up.
- Don’t be scared to ask for help. Going to a gym can be intimidating when everyone there looks like they are off the Jersey shore. Going to the gym itself can be more nerve-wracking then the actually work-out. This is when it is good to find a friend to go with you so you have power in numbers or simply finding a Fitness Together where you can train one-on-one with a trainer that understands your specific needs and wants.
No more excuses it’s time to make a change! You can do it!