Here is a recipe that is great for those cold winter nights...Many people who have created this dish have substituted some of the ingredients. So feel free to give it your own style and put in what you like but here is the basic recipe. Enjoy!
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours 20 minutes
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed, trimmed of fat
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into spears
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 large shallots, peeled and halved
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- Place chicken, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, wine, rosemary, salt and pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker; stir to combine. Put the lid on and cook on low until the potatoes are tender, about 5 hours. Before serving, remove bones from the chicken, if desired, and stir in vinegar.
TIPS & NOTES
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Per serving: 285 calories; 6 g fat ( 2 g sat , 2 g mono ); 50 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 17 g protein; 5 g fiber; 519 mg sodium; 866 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (430% daily value), Potassium (25% dv), Fiber (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat
Recipe from www.eatingwell.com