AVOCADO TOAST WITH LEMON AND KALE
May 3, 2016
Avocado toast with lemon and kale is an easy, healthy lunch that takes about 5 minutes to make!
- 1 cup shredded kale (no stems)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 slices multigrain bread, 4 oz total
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 ounces avocado (1 small haas)
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 4 thin slices radish
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- In a bowl combine the kale, olive oil, juice of 1/4 lemon and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Massage with your hands for about 1 minute, until the kale softens.
- Slice the avocado in half, reserving 1/2 of one avocado for thin slices. Scoop the rest into a small bowl and mash gently with a fork. Season with 1/8 tsp kosher salt, black pepper and juice from 1/4 of a lemon.
- Toast the slices of whole wheat bread.
- Spread the avocado mash across the toasted bread, top with slices and sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper (more lemon juice if desired).
- Top each with the massaged kale, radish and chia, finish with pinch salt and black pepper to taste.
Yield: 2 servings, Serving Size: 2 toasts
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 8
- Points +: 8
- Calories: 298
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 241mg
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 11g