Healthy Summer Recipe
Aug 1, 2012
Chipotle-&-Orange Grilled Chicken
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons orange-juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons unsulfured molasses
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts,trimmed
- Salt to taste
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Whisk together orange-juice concentrate, chipotle pepper, vinegar, molasses and mustard in a small bowl.
- Lightly oil the grill or broiler rack (see Tip). Season chicken with salt and grill or broil for 2 minutes. Turn, brush with the glaze and cook for 4 minutes, brushing occasionally with glaze. Turn again, brush with the glaze, and cook until the center is no longer pink, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapeños packed in a flavorful sauce. Look for the small cans with the Mexican foods in large supermarkets. Once opened, they'll keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.
- Tip: To oil a grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
Per serving: 150 calories; 3 g fat ( 1 g sat , 1 g mono ); 63 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber; 227 mg sodium; 302 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (30% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 3 1/2 very lean meat