Dr. Janet's Mini Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
Apr 4, 2017
Just 50 calories for 3 cookies!
· ½ cup toasted pecans
· 4 large egg whites, room temperature
· ¼ tsp cream of tartar
· ½ cup Splenda half and half sugar
· 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· ½ cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray two baking sheets with nonstick spray
2. Place pecans in food processor and process until finely ground and set aside.
3. With an electric mixer (medium speed), beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar, slowly, beating until egg whites form stiff glossy peaks.
4. Beat in the cocoa powder and vanilla. Gently fold in the pecans with a rubber spatula.
5. Transfer egg white batter to a large zip-loc plastic bag with one corner snipped off. Pipe about 1 rounded tablespoon batter onto baking sheet (1 cookie), continue until batter is used up. Top each cookie with a few mini chocolate chips.
6. Place in oven and reduce heat to 250 degrees. Bake until cookies are dried and crisped, about one hour. Remove from oven and cool completely on baking sheets.
Nutrition Information Per Serving (3 cookies)
Food weight: 0.5, Calories: 51 kcal, Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 1 mg, Carbohydrate :9 g, Sugar: 9g, Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Protein: 1g, Sodium: 9 mg