Summer Shape-Up Strategies for a Fit, Healthy Body
Mar 12, 2012
Perhaps you’ve gotten off track with your New Year’s resolutions or maybe you still have a little work to do getting your body ready to bare some skin this summer season (think bathing suits and shorts—yikes!). Yep, the long days of summer fun are nearing, but fortunately there’s still plenty of time for your summer shape-up. Here are five tips to get you looking buff on the beach:
- Get out your summer clothes NOW, try them on, and take a good hard look in the mirror. This simple act will help you focus, take control, and get motivated to set up an action plan with your fitness trainer TODAY.
- Be realistic. If you want to lose some weight for summer, aim for a maximum of 1 to 2 pounds a week. This way you will not be losing any of your hard-earned metabolism-boosting muscle mass along with the fat.
- No fad diets required! Get your body beach-ready, living by the mantra Eat healthy, eat light, and eat often. Practice this approach with the support of your nutrition and fitness consultant and you’ll be getting fit for summer the healthy way.
- Make strength-training sessions a priority in your life. There is no better prescription for minimizing the jiggle and maximizing the shapely muscle tone than getting in strength training sessions a minimum of three times per week.
- Remember, there is no quick fix or magic bullet for achieving your health and fitness goals. The best recipe for success and looking your best on the beach this summer is a three-pronged approach:
- Strength-train a minimum of three times a week.
- Get in at least 30 minutes of cardio most days of the week (and preferably daily).
- Eat healthy, eat light, and eat often.
Follow these five tips with the support of Fitness Together and you’ll surely be “springing” into action. A Fitness Together trainer will develop a program designed to meet your specific goals. You’ll also receive nutritional counseling through the Nutrition Together program, which will complement your workouts. To find the Fitness Together studio nearest you, visit http://fitnesstogether.com.
Let Fitness Together help you make this “summer of ‘12” your best yet!