Makes 10-12 muffins
What You'll Need:
2 cups whole-wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of salt
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup milk (of your choice)
1 banana, mashed
1/4 cup honey
1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 large zucchini)
What to Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the apple sauce, olive oil, milk, banana, and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in the zucchini.
- Fill lightly greased muffin cups, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops have browned. The insides will be exceptionally moist!
- Let the muffins cool to firm up, or eat them while they are ultra-tender and warm!
Have you ever had zucchini as part of your breakfast or dessert? How do you like to enjoy zucchini? Share us your thoughts below!