Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 portobello mushrooms, washed with stems and gills removed
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 10 - 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place portobello mushrooms on baking sheet, top side down.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta, garlic, spinach, artichokes, most of the mozzarella (reserve a small amount to top each mushroom), Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Divide mixture between the mushrooms. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are browned and filling is hot.
--I use 16 ounces of frozen spinach, but if your grocery store sells only 10-12 bags, feel free to use that. It will be less spinach than what I used, but it will still be enough for the mushrooms.