PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM PIZZAS
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced (or 1 large sliced tomato)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella (fresh if you can find it!)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Here’s a trick I learned to prevent sogginess! It’s super. Form 4 small foil rings (like this:)
- Then place them on a cookie sheet and put mushroom caps on top, like so:
- The foil rings will help the mushrooms roast more evenly, and they won’t be sitting in their own juices so they won’t get soggy on the bottom! I learned this as a trick for roasting beets, but I love it for large mushrooms as well.
- Drizzle portobello caps with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle a handful of mozzarella onto each mushroom cap, then top with a few slices of tomato and a sprinkling of basil. Then finish with another handful of mozzarella. (YAY CHEESE!)
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, until mushrooms have softened and cheese has melted. Garnish with more basil and serve immediately.