One Pan Skinny Tex Mex Chicken and Zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 1 lb boneless & skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tbsp cumin, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 14 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp taco (fajita) seasoning, all natural (substitute with cayenne pepper + cumin)
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 cup Tex Mex or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
Storage Instructions: Refrigerate covered for up to 3 - 4 days.
- Preheat large deep skillet on low - medium heat and add olive oil. Add onion and garlic, saute until translucent. Add bell pepper and saute for a few more minutes. Move mixture to a side of the skillet and add chicken. Sprinkle with 1 tsp cumin, salt and black pepper. Saute until a bit golden brown, about 5 -7 minutes.
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes, taco (fajita) seasoning and remaining cumin. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and stir. Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Top with green onions and cilantro. Serve hot, on its own or with brown rice or quinoa.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving = 1 + 2/3 cups:
Total Fat: 8.3 g
Cholesterol: 51.8 mg
Sodium: 774.5 mg
Total Carbs: 21.7 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.7 g
Protein: 26.9 g