Kale, Red Pepper, and Broccoli Spread Rollup
Apr 7, 2014
What You'll Need:
1 cup broccoli florets
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 large leaves of flat leaf kale or collard greens
1 roasted red pepper (jarred in water is fine), cut into strips
What To Do:
- Trim broccoli into 1-inch florets.
- Place florets in a saucepan with about 2 inches of water, and bring the water to a boil. Cover and let cook for about 5 to8 minutes, or until the broccoli is softened. Drain out the water.
- Combine the broccoli, olive oil, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Now it's time to prep the kale: Lay the green leaves flat on a surface. Using a knife, cut along the edges of the middle stem, remove, and discard. Split the leaves in half along where the stem once was.
- Spread each leaf with a few spoon fulls of the broccoli mixture.
- Lay one or two strips of red pepper on top of the broccoli spread.
- Starting from one end of the leaf, roll 'em up, and enjoy!
Have you ever used greens to replace bread for wrap sandwiches? Share your favorite recipes and ideas in the comments below!