Honey Lemon Ginger Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
Cal: 551 - Protein: 54.75 - Fat: 30g - Carbs: 12.3g - Fiber: 0.2g - Sugar: 11.5g
WW Old Points: 13 pts - Points+: 14 pts
- 2 lbs - 900 g chicken drumsticks (about 6 large drumsticks)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- the zest of 1/2 lemon (= peel of 1/2 lemon chopped very thinly)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 to 2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped very thinly (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add chicken and brown, about one minute on each side. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, reduce to medium-low heat, cover with a lid and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until no longer pink inside (cooking time will vary depending on the drumsticks' size so start checking after around 15 minutes).
- While chicken is cooking, mix together in a medium bowl honey, water, ginger, cumin and flakes.
- When chicken is almost done, pour honey-lemon mixture over drumsticks. Bring to a boil and cook until glaze becomes thick and glossy, about 3 minutes, stirring constantly to cover chicken. Top with cilantro leaves and serve with a green salad, stir-fry veggies and/or grains like rice or pasta if you eat them. Drumsticks are also good eaten cold.