Fruit and Nut Bars
Apr 7, 2014
What You'll Need:
⅓ cup flour
⅛ teaspoon baking soda ⅛ teaspoon baking powder ⅓ cup packed brown sugar3 cups dried fruit (use a mix — I used apricots, dates, and cherries) 1 ½ cups dry roasted nuts (again, mix it up! My choice was pecans and almonds) 1 egg½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 8-by-8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, or coat with nonstick spray.
- Coarsely chop fruit and nuts until most pieces are relatively uniform in size. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and baking powder together in a large bowl until evenly combined. Add sugar, fruit, and nuts, and mix to coat all fruit and nuts with the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg with vanilla until frothy and thick, about 2 minutes.
- Stir egg into flour mixture until evenly mixed.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan, using a spatula to smooth out the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.