What You'll Need:
6 medium tomatoes
3/4 roughly cup chopped feta
1 handful of parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the tops off of each tomato about 1/2-inch down from the top of each stem, making a cap. Set the caps aside.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the inside flesh of each tomato, being careful not to pierce the skin.
- Lightly grease a glass baking dish with a bit of olive oil, and arrange the hollowed tomatoes (spaced evenly) with the sliced sides up.
- Chop the parsley and mix with the sliced feta.
- Stuff each tomato generously with the feta and parsley mixture.
- Season the tops of the stuffed tomatoes with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the caps back on top of each tomato and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes soften and begin to look shriveled and the cheese is melted.
Not crazy about feta? You can stuff these tomatoes with just about anything, and make 'em Greek (olives, feta, breadcrumbs, and oregano), Mexican (black beans, salsa, and cheese), French (carmelized onions, brie, and baguette cubes), or good ol' American (cheeseburger or pizza filling).
What's your favorite way to stuff vegetables? Share with us in the comments below!