Beef, Turkey and Mushroom Stuffed Eggplant
Cal: 314 - Protein: 28.7g - Fat: 8.6g - Carbs: 37.3g - Fiber: 19.8g - Sugar: 15.6g - WW Old Points: 6 pts - Points+: 7 pts
- 3 medium eggplants
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz lean ground beef
- 10 oz lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp red chili paste
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut eggplants in half lengthwise. Remove pulp with a spoon or a knife. (Be careful not to pierce the eggplant shell). Chop eggplant pulp and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook eggplant and mushrooms without oil, on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Remove from skillet before all the water from the veggies has evaporated. This will allow the stuffing to stay moist. Set aside in a medium bowl and pour in lemon juice. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix beef, turkey, egg, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, parmesan and red chili paste. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add in mushroom and eggplant, and mix well to combine.
- Generously stuff eggplant shells with stuffing. Top with remaining parmesan. Place eggplants in a large baking dish and pour water at the bottom.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, until meat is cooked through. Broil an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Garnish with parsley or cilantro and enjoy!