Sweet'n'Spicy Asian Glaze Grilled Drumsticks
Jun 23, 2014
Sweet and Spicy Grilled Drumsticks
Servings: 4 • Size: 2 drumsticks • Old Pts: 6 pts • Weight Watchers PP: 6 pts
Calories: 255.5 • Fat: 6 g • Protein: 35 g • Carb: 10.5 g • Fiber: 0 g • Sugar: 10 g
Sodium: 702 mg • Cholesterol: 131 mg
- 24 oz (8) skinless chicken drumsticks, with bone*
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp reduced soy sauce (Tamari for GF)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha
For the glaze:
- 3 tbsp sweet red chili sauce
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 - 2 tsp Sriracha (I used 2, use more if you like it hot)
- optional, chopped chives for garnish
Season drumsticks with garlic salt and ground ginger. Place in a large ziplock bag or container and add the soy sauce, vinegar and 1 teaspoon sriracha and marinate overnight (the longer the better).
Preheat the grill. In a small bowl, mix the chili sauce, honey and sriracha; set aside.
Grill the drumsticks on a rack lightly coating with cooking spray over medium heat, turning every 5 minutes or so until the chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
Brush the chili sauce mixture over the drumsticks on all sides and remove from the grill. Finish with chopped chives if desired and enjoy.