Maple Cinnamon Applesauce
Oct 1, 2013
Makes: About 3 1/2 cups
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 6 McIntosh or other tart apples, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Golden Delicious or other sweet apple, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine apple pieces and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until the apples are very soft and falling apart, about 30 minutes. Mash the apples to the desired consistency and stir in maple syrup and cinnamon.
TIPS & NOTES
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 6 months.
Per 1/2-cup serving: 77 calories; 0 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 0 gprotein; 2 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 127 mg potassium.