1. Introduce yourself - Tell me a little bit about yourself and where you work.
What do you mean, where do I work? You KNOW I work at FT! OK, I’m an IT professional working for a small consulting firm. I’ve been happily (well, most of the time) married for 35 years to my husband, Rocco. I love to dance! Sometimes I manage to insert a few dance moves into my FT workout – between the lunges and the pushups.
2. Why did you initially decide to train with Fitness Together?
When I was approaching age 50, I did not like the idea that I was going to hit that milestone looking and feeling the way I did. I saw an ad for FT, promising results in 12 weeks*.
3. How long have you been working out at Fitness Together?
My initial 12 week trial at FT has transformed into an ongoing important part of my life – for eight years.
4. What are some reservations you had before working with a personal trainer?
The first time I intended to come in and sign up at FT, I turned around and left before I made it to the door. My prior gym experiences were uncomfortable for me – I was self-conscious because of all the other people around and the machines were mysterious contraptions.
5. How has working with a personal trainer helped you overcome these reservations?
All my FT trainers have been kind and encouraging, and never made me feel self-conscious.
6. How have your personal training sessions helped you achieve your initial goals?
Through exercise and improving my nutrition, I lost the 27.5 pounds* I wanted to lose and have kept it off for eight years. But more important than that, I feel stronger and healthier than I have ever been in my life. The past two years have been very stressful for me at work and in my personal life. I’ve been project manager for a mission-critical application development project at work; my mother’s health has been declining; and my husband has retired from his job. I was working many long hours and weekends, but made the commitment to continue my FT workouts and cardio. I am convinced that my health and well-being would not have survived without FT. The stress-reduction benefit of the workout, and the encouragement and support of Nick, my wonderful trainer and friend, and the community of all the other trainers and all my morning workout pals at FT kept me going.
7. What is your biggest challenge when it comes to personal fitness?
Working protein into my meals. I love vegetables and fruit and have to make a conscious effort (with friendly reminders from Nick) to add more protein.
8. What advice would you give someone that is leery about working with a personal trainer?
You are welcome here – and everyone here cares about your health and fitness. Just give it a try.
9. What is your favorite TV show?
Food Network’s Chopped. I relate to having to be creative on a deadline. And I learn about foods I’ve never heard of and hope to never have to eat!
10. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
Travel. Walk with my husband. Cook. If it has to be only one, then: walking to the market in a foreign country or different city, shopping for what we’re going to cook!