Aug 19, 2011
We have been taught to fear "Fats" through this diet bubble we live in today! I want to clear a few things up.
1. Not all Fats are created equal
2. Fat is a macronutrient just like Carbohydrates and Proteins and our body needs it
3. Fat does not make you fat-a discrepancy in calories consumed and expended is responsible for that
There are four faces to fats (poly-unsaturated, mono-unsaturated, saturated, trans). Poly- and Mono- are very good friends to proper functioning of your brain, cells, organs, heart, nerves, and joints. Okay, so lets give our body what it needs!
Healthy Fat Sources
1. Avacado= creamy and delicious compliment to your salads
2. Olive Oil= richness to your chicken and shrimp
3. Almonds= nutty mid afternoon hunger satisfaction