- Certified Personal Trainer - ISSA
- Certified Yoga Teacher (Yoga Alliance, 2016)
- Certified Yoga Instructor (World Peace Yoga Academy in Rishikesh, India, 2016)
- Pilates and Ballet Training (George Washington University, 2014-16)
- Droznin Movement Technique Intensive with Natalia Fedorova (Harvard, MA 2014)
- Certified Tae Kwon Do Instructor (Youn Wha Ryu Association, 2000)
Greetings and Salutations,
I, Clayton Hamburg, join the Fitness Together family as an Actor, Musician, Fitness Professional, and Renaissance Man. My fitness background ranges from the colorfully unorthodox to classic.
Raised on a farm in Southeast Missouri I earned an understanding of functional strength from an early age (bailing hay may be the best workout in the world). I battled a losing addiction to Tae Kwon Do and Judo throughout my teenage years that was only cured by possession of an Instructor Certification. In undergrad I worked at a YMCA, piquing my interest in resistance training. Following that passion, I moved to Florida to study with competitive powerlifters who inspired me to become a personal trainer. Powerlifting made me incredibly strong, but less than flexible, so naturally I travelled to India to study Yoga. My master’s degree is from George Washington University which incorporated study of Ballet, Pilates, Alexander Technique, Mime, Mask, Clown, and Stage Combat. I have worked in fitness clubs across the country, taught yoga internationally, taught Tai Chi in nursing homes, and even made martial artists of wee nipperkins in after school programs.
Amid these myriad experiences my aim is singular: To guide you healthfully toward your fitness and wellness goals. I look forward to working with each and every one of you.
Yours in fitness,