Client of the Month: Sean Casey
Aug 1, 2017
Fitness Together would like to thank Sean Casey for accepting our nomination for Client of the Month! His hard work has shown that no matter what your goals are, they are achievable through hard work and consistency!
Q: How long have you been with Fitness Together, and how often are you working out both inside and outside of the studio?
- My first day with Fitness Together was in early November 2016, and since then I’ve been stopping by three times a week. I’ve varied what I do outside of my FT workouts; right now I’m running on alternate days, keeping Sunday as a rest day. Before that I was marching in a number of Pride parades as part of DC Different Drummers’ Marching Band, which was enough cardio right there!
Q: What are some of the results you've seen so far?
- The biggest result for me hasn’t been physical; it’s been mental. When I first started I knew I needed to be in better shape, but most days, the only thing that kept me going was the fact I paid for training up front (the “get your money’s worth” approach). Once December rolled around, though, I found I wanted to go every time, that I was becoming more confident and feeling better in my daily life. Physically, though, I’ve lost 20 pounds, have arm-muscle definition for the first time, and I’m able to run longer distances without stopping or injuring myself.
Q: What can you attribute mostly to your success so far? What hurdles did you have to get over in order to succeed?
- I mentioned the mental hurdles earlier, and how FT helped me work through that to where that’s no longer a problem. Another hurdle for me in the past was injury; I’ve had two bouts of tendonitis where I over-exerted myself running, and one week where I couldn’t move my arms after doing too many curls with a previous “trainer.” With FT, however, I know Chris, Erin, Jake and Justin will make sure I meet my goals the right way, without risking injury and the back-tracking/discouragement that go with it.
Q: What are some of your goals with FT moving forward?
- I’m a member of DC Front Runners, but have never completed their circuit (6 races in a calendar year). I want to do that for their next season, starting in September. I’ve also recently hit my goal weight, and would love to continue losing fat and gaining muscle while staying around this weight.
Q: Anything else you would like to share with others looking to hit their goals?
- The best thing you can do to hit your goal? Tell someone! Your friends, your family, and of course, your trainers. They can help you refine your goals to something that takes some work, but is still achievable. Each little goal met along the way is another boost to keep you going to being not just more fit, but more confident, happier, and a better person in general.