Client of the Month: Rob Klug
May 8, 2018
Rob Klug is Fitness Together Silver Spring's most recent client of the month! Congratulations to him and all he's achieved with his health and wellness! Rob outlines his results, as well as what it took to get there, along with the importance of routinely performing Fitness Assessments.
Q: How long have you been with Fitness Together, and how often are you working out both inside and outside of the studio?
1. I have been with Fitness Together since August 2016. I try to come into the studio 2-3 times per week and do some cardio 1-2 times a week on my own.
Q: What are the results you've seen so far?
2. The first result that I have seen has been the control of my chronic back pain. I have suffered for 10 years with back pain and I have used chiropractic, acupuncture, massage therapy, physical therapy and multiple medications. Since I have been coming regularly to Fitness Together I have not needed any of these therapies for my back. I still have flair ups but with stretching, strengthening and core exercises and the encouragement of the FT team my back pain has been very manageable.
The second result I have seen has been weight loss. Since I started doing the Fitness Assessments, keeping track of my daily calories with the app My Fitness Pal (thanks to Erin) and weighing myself daily I have lost 10 pounds. I am starting the Cardio program now to maintain and hopefully lose a couple more pounds.
Q: What can you attribute mostly to your success so far? What hurdles did you have to get over in order to succeed?
3. I attribute all of my success to the trainers at Fitness together. I enjoy coming to the studio and having the trainers put me through a workout I otherwise would not do on my own. They motivate me and encourage me to keep going.
The hardest hurdle to get over is finding the time each week to get to the studio. Fortunately, the Fitness Together web site allows me to go on line and make sure I schedule sessions that work for me.
Q: What are some of your goals with FT moving forward?
4. My goals going forward are to keep coming to FT regularly and to start the Cardio program to maintain my weight loss. I also hope to learn more about healthy cooking and eating.
Q: Anything else you would like to share with others looking to hit their goals?
5. I would recommend that others consider doing a regular Fitness Assessment with your trainer since it allows you to set goals and keep track of your progress.