Client of the Month: December - Catherine Klobucar
Jan 5, 2017
- I have been coming to FT for 3 months now. I began with sessions twice a week and after 2 months bumped it up to 3 times a week. I have not been regular with workouts outside of the studio. However, it is my goal for the New Year to incorporate two cardio workout sessions per week.
Q: What are some of the results you've seen so far?
- I have noticed an definite increase in energy and a decrease in stress levels. I have also noticed an increase in my balance, coordination, stamina and strength. (It still shocks me when I find it much easier to lift heavy items.)
Q: What can you attribute mostly to your success so far? What hurdles did you have to get over in order to succeed?
- I would attribute my success thus far to the great staff at the Silver Spring FT. I am new to strength training and they are excellent at explaining the exercises and the science behind what I am doing with each movement. They ensure that I am performing the exercises with the proper form – making tiny tweaks in my position to get it just right. They created a workout specific to my goals and took into account any physical constraints when deciding how to design my workouts. I have some problems with my knees and they always make sure an exercise does not hurt my knees and find alternatives if a movement does hurt my knees.
Q: What are some of your goals with FT moving forward?
- My first goal is to be ready for my ski trip to Lake Tahoe in late February, which I’m confident I will be based on the progress I’ve made thus far. Now that I have achieved making exercise a habit in my life, I’m ready to conquer my next goal which is to lose weight. I’m going to hit a milestone birthday this year in August and I want to be fit and healthy with a body that is better than the younger version of me had.
Q: Anything else you would like to share with others looking to hit their goals?
- I’ve always been a person who tried to change everything about myself all at once and I always failed. This time I decided to work on one thing at a time. I chose starting with FT because they take the guess work out of what and how a workout should be and it makes me be more accountable than doing it on my own. Let’s face it, I would never do a plank on my own and if I did I would never hold it for as long as I do with my coach!
Thank you for your hard work Catherine! We look forward to your continued progress!