Client of the Month: April - Leanne Bishop
May 8, 2017
Congratulations to our most recent client of the month at Fitness Together Silver Spring - Leanne!
Since Leanne has started at FT she has worked hard from day one. Not only is she a full-time student, she has also taken her fitness and health very seriously and increased her workout regimen to five times a week! Each and every day she comes into the studio, she is always working hard to achieve her goals!
Q: How long have you been with Fitness Together, and how often are you working out both inside and outside of the studio?
- I’ve been with Fitness Together since February, I started working out three days a week inside the studio, then bumped it up to five days a week. I have added a fitbit to track my steps and have set goals to push myself a little more each day by making it an unconscious task. I have also started to leisurely ride my bicycle in the evenings and on weekends.
Q: What are some of the results you've seen so far?
- I feel stronger and I’m finally seeing some muscle definition in my thighs, abs, arms, and glutes.
Q: What can you attribute mostly to your success so far? What hurdles did you have to get over in order to succeed?
- The motivation from my great trainers at Fitness Together and committing to keeping appointments at the gym were the biggest help for me. I needed to change my mindset to commit to waking up early and being accountable to focus on the movements that were set before me during each workout session. I told myself that this is an investment for myself and that I deserve and should want to be the best that I can be, both physically and mentally! I reflected on how my body has worked for me my whole life and to give back 45 minutes a day to take care of it is the least I can do. One of the hurdles I quickly had to overcome was realizing this isn’t a short cut, that changes happen slowly, and that sticking with coming to the gym will empower me to live longer and be healthier and happier altogether.
Q: What are some of your goals with FT moving forward?
- Eating right! Some goals that I’d love to get better at are real push–ups and pull-ups, box jumps, stability ball exchanges, and being faster at battle ropes. Physically, I’d love to get more definition in my thighs and glutes.
Q: Anything else you would like to share with others looking to hit their goals?
- Love yourself! Get out of bed to go to the gym! Eat clean! Once you make it to Fitness Together, you’re in great hands with the trainers to motivate you through your workout. The one on one training is fun, light, and has becoming one of my highlights of my day! Stay strong and each day will pay off to get you to where you want to be.
Thank you for your hard work Leanne! We look forward to your continued progress!