Tuna-Stuffed Red Pepper Salad
Dec 12, 2012
- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper
- 1 3-ounce can chunk light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 small green onion, sliced (reserve a few slices for garnish, if desired)
- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery or water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt, to taste
- Remove stem from red bell pepper and slice in half, lengthwise. Set aside half for another use.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tuna, green onion, cooked brown rice and celery or water chestnuts.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine. Spoon tuna mixture into the pepper shell and garnish with reserved green onion slices.
- Serve slices of the red pepper with the tuna filling.
Fat: 4 g
Carbs: 21 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 25 g
Sugars: 5.5 g
Sodium: 758 mg
Cholesterol: 25.5 mg