Mediterranean Style Grilled Salmon
Feb 1, 2014
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 salmon fillets, each 5 ounces
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 green olives, chopped
- 4 thin slices lemon
1. Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.
2. In a small bowl, combine the basil, parsley, minced garlic and lemon juice. 3. Spray the fish with cooking spray. Sprinkle with black pepper. Top each fillet with equal amounts of the basil-garlic mixture.
4. Place the fish herb-side down on the grill. Grill over high heat. When the edges turn white, after about 3 to 4 minutes, turn the fish over and place on aluminum foil.
5. Move the fish to a cooler part of the grill or reduce the heat. Grill until the fish is opaque throughout when tested with the tip of a knife and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the fish reads 145 F (about 4 minutes longer).
6. Remove the salmon and place on warmed plates. Garnish with green olives and lemon slices.
Nutrients per serving: 1 fillet
- Calories 183
- Fat 9 g
- Carbohydrate 2 g
- Sodium 105 mg
- Cholesterol 78 mg
- Protein 28 g