Baked Pumpkin Spiced Oatmeal
Dec 4, 2013
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Dash sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1 piece crystallized ginger, crushed (optional; available in the spice section at supermarkets)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in an oven-proof bowl. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Place in oven and let bake for 30 minutes. Remove and serve.
- Cinnamon keeps your hunger at bay by stabilizing fluctuating blood sugar levels.
- Nonfat cottage cheese yields 14 grams of slow-digesting casein protein in just a half cup serving.
- Oats whittle your middle with soluble fiber and keep your heart healthy with beta-glucan.