8 Reasons Why You Should Exercise with a Buddy!
Jun 13, 2013
Working out alone all the time can be a bit of a bore, but working out with a buddy can make it seem less like a chore!! (Cheesy, I know, but I had to get your attention somehow...) PACK classes are a great way to have fun and get your heart rate up!
Here's 8 Reasons Why You Should Exercise with a Buddy!
- Extra Motivation. About 75% of those who exercise do so alone, and sometimes, you just need a little extra push to get through that workout.
- A bit of competitive spirit can help boost your energy during a workout if you’re feeling like you are in a bit of a slump.
- Helps keep you accountable and on track. After all, you don’t want to let down your partner, right?
- Makes working out seem less daunting! Studies were conducted where both individuals and pairs of friends were asked to rate their perception of difficulty of a hill, and the teams rated the hill much less difficult than the solo exercisers.
- Makes personal training more affordable. This is where PACK here at Fitness Together is really convenient to do, as we offer many sessions Monday through Saturday.
- You work harder (See #1 & 2)!
- The fun factor. When you exercise with a friend, usually the conversation is good, and you don’t even realize how much time has passed, and you’ve completed your workout!
- A consistent workout buddy (or a few!) will have a positive influence on you! Staying consistent with your exercise routine will keep you fit, healthy, and on track to reaching your goals.