Tart Cherry Chia Pudding
May 7, 2019
- 1 cup (150g) tart cherries, frozen
- 1 cup (120ml) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (30g) of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (60ml) tart cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Tart dried cherries
- Dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs (certified gluten-free if necessary)
In a small bowl, combine chia seeds and cherry juice and coconut milk. Allow this to soak for at least 30 minutes or until the chia seeds have absorbed most of the liquid creating a thick gel.
In a food processor or high speed blender, pour the chia seed mixture into the blender with all remaining ingredients and blend until creamy.
Pour pudding into the bowl, glass, or cup you’re serving in. Garnish by sprinkling chocolate chips on top or additional tart cherries, fresh, frozen or dried. Enjoy!
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 1 cup
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 201; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 20mg; Carbohydrate: 23g; Dietary Fiber: 11g; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 7g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 124mg; Iron: 15%; Vitamin A: 18%; Vitamin C: 2%; Calcium: 40%