5 Easy Ways to Meet Your New Fitness Goals
Apr 26, 2011
1. Set reasonable goals and expectations for yourself. Unreasonable goals can yield disappointment while more specific and common sense steps to building to those goals are much more achievable. Instead of saying you want to lose weight to look good, plan to try to lose one pound a week, or to get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day.
2. Get ready to succeed by getting rid of all the junk food, the processed and unhealthy comfort or binge foods. Keeping them around is like planing to fail. Make sure to replace them with healthy options like fresh fruits and vegetables, whole foods, and water.
3. Get your friends and family involved. You and everyone will benefit from a strong support system as you encourage and celebrate your collective goals.
4. Keep a journal or just take notes of your daily exercise and food consumption This will help keep you on track to success. Get a small notebook that is easy to keep with you so you can jot down foods eaten, steps taken and personal notes- it doesn't matter so much what you list in it, the point is to track your journey to good health.
5. Find a way to reward yourself that doesn't involve food. Instead mark your milestones with a new outfit, shoes, a weekend getaway or even a spa treatment. Do whatever it is that makes you feel good, without any guilt on the scales later.