Why Women Don't Eat Healthfully
Jul 16, 2012
A recent poll was conducted in the June issue of ShopSmart magazine asking 1000 women they choose not to eat healthy foods. As trainers we hear different reasons all the time for folks not choosing the rights foods, but this poll lays out several excuses women are using to opt for the less healthy alternatives. Here are the reasons the respondents listed:
- Eating healthful foods is too expensive.
- Social settings are too tempting.
- Life is too short; I want to enjoy what I eat.
- It's hard to find healthy options when eating out.
- I don't have time to prepare healthy meals.
- My family prefers less healthy meals.
- Unhealthy habits are too hard to change.
- Healthy foods don't satisfy my appetite.
- I'm not sure which foods are healthy.
I'm sure you've used at least one of these at some point in your life. Thankfully these obstacles can be overcome with a little guidance and support from a qualified personal trainer. A trainer's skill go beyond the weight room--they can help coach you on healthy food choices, how to buy and prepare them, and how to extend what you've learned to your family (remember they don't need junk food either!). If you find yourself in this excuse rut, give the trainers at FT a call today!