Who's a Butter Lover?
Jan 14, 2013
Do you love butter? I do, so I wanted to give you 10 reasons why it's a healthy choice.
- Butter is the most easily absorbed source of vitamin A.
- Butter supports the thyroid and adrenal glands, which benefits the cardiovascular system.
- Butter is a short- and medium-chain fatty acid which means it helps your body burn fat...not store it!
- Short and medium chain fatty acidss in butter have anti-tumor properties and help boost your immune system.
- Butter contains conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) which helps burn belly fat! How awesome is that?
- Butter consumed in its raw state and not pastuerized has an anti-stiffness property which can protect against arthritis, cataracts and hardening of the arteries.
- Iodine is necessary for proper thyroid function and butter is a good, highly absorbable form.
- Butter promotes a healthy intestinal tract and has been known to decrease diarrhea in children.
- Vitamin K halps prevent tooth decay and guess what?! Butter is a good source.
- Butter is good for you and it tastes good! It is rich in anti-oxidants including vitamins A and E and selenium.
Rememer, when I talk about butter, I'm talking about the REAL stuff and not the "I Can't Believe It's Not..." fake stuff! The benefits above are found in raw butter made from the milk of pastured, grass-fed cows. Butter manufactured from factory-farmed cows does not have the same healthy benefits and may actually lead to other health problems when consumed too often. Make sure you're buying good quality, realiably sourced butter and BON APPETIT!