Fat Fighting Foods!
Nov 1, 2010
The following is a list of foods that if fat burning is your goal, you'll need to load up the fridge with and plan on getting lots of benefits for your metabolism:
- Salmon: The active ingredient is omega-3 fats. Eating the right fats will help you burn fat. Omega-3's turn on genes that signal your body to burn, rather than store, calories as fat.
- Eggs: A combination of healthy fats and protein make eggs a MUST in a fat-burning regimen.
- Ginger: This root is responsible for increasing oxygen use by your muscles and increasing lactic acid production, which increases the production of growth hormone--a powerful metabolism-booster.
- Avocado: Rich in monounsaturated fats, this fruit helps keep your blood insulin levels at bay. When insulin is maintained throughout the day, the body stays away from fat storage mode.
- Grapefruit: Naringin is an ingredient found in grapefruit that acts as a powerful antioxidant with metabolism raising properties.
- Hot peppers: The compound that makes peppers spicy is called capsaicin. Consumption of hot peppers causes a rise in adrenaline due to the capsaicin. When adrenaline is revved, so is your metabolism.
- Green tea: Two powerful ingredients, caffiene and EGCG, make moderate consumption of green tea an awesome option for fat burning. This drink also boasts many other health benefits.
- Dairy: Calcium has recently been shown to slow fat storage and enhance metabolism. The protein in dairy products boosts metabolism by creating a thermogenic effect after consumption. This means that your body has to burn extra calories just to digest it!
Just to keep you from getting information overload, we'll stop with these eight great ingredients for you to add to your weekly grocery list. Just by choosing a few of these options will help you increase the results you're looking for.