Client of the Month: Susan Lamore
Aug 3, 2016
1. What has been your biggest success since working out at Fitness Together?
My biggest success has been my strength training. I like the muscle definition in my arms and legs, and I am stronger now than I have ever been. I remember when I was in my 30’s, my goal was to be able to curl 15 lb. weights. I am now curling 20 lb. weights.
2. What lifestyle changes have you made outside of your workouts to help you in your success?
I am very conscientious of the food I eat, and have tried to eat more protein and fewer carbs.
3. What has been your favorite aspect about working out at FT?
I am fortunate that my office is within walking distance of FT, and my favorite aspect is that I am able to work out during lunch. I then feel energized the rest of the day. Also, I like the variety of the workouts, and how the trainers tailor my workouts to my specific needs.
4. What advice would you give to someone with the same goals as you for sticking to a program?
We all get very busy with our lives, and it is easy to not take the time to take care of ourselves. Schedule your workouts with a trainer or workout buddy, even if it’s walking with a spouse or a friend. When you are expected to show up, you will, and before you know it, exercise becomes part of your routine.
5. Who would you want to receive the same benefits as you?
Anyone interested in getting fit, but women in particular. All women should make strength training part of their routine since there are so many benefits, including building lean muscle that burns more calories and decreasing the risk of osteoporosis. Exercise is definitely the fountain of youth, and your strength will empower you.