Traditional gyms and private personal training studios share many of the same attributes, and arguably work toward an identical goal. Both endeavor to create an agreeable atmosphere in which hard work can yield physical excellence.
There’s no right or wrong, no grudge match or blood feud between the two. Ultimately, for customers, it comes down to a matter of preference and patience and personal accountability.
However, if you are currently weighing the pros and cons, here are 10 things you need to know about private personal training studios, and how a venue such as Fitness Together Ellicott City could prove to be the perfect fit for you.
- The clientele are dedicated. They are also paying customers, who – like you – value the benefits of one-on-one service. A private personal training studio’s target demographic shares similar goals and desires.
- Clients build a relationship with their trainers. At a personal training studio, you are far from another face in the crowd, and this individuality helps to hold you accountable if you ever consider skipping out on your session.
- One-on-one means everything. A personal trainer can develop a plan that is custom-tailored to your skill level and goals, allowing you to maximize your workout in a minimized time frame.
- Personal trainers are constantly learning, too. Being surrounded by other certified trainers, day in and day out, causes them to continuously up their game.
- It’s not all about the machines or equipment. Think of it this way – machines, by definition, are meant to automate human effort. While they certainly serve their purpose, and are useful and supplemental tools to have, if you are paying for personal training – the person (i.e. the trainer) should be doing most of the work.
- It is all about convenience. This is your dime, your time. You set the schedule and the pace, and personalized options are readily available to make you as comfortable as possible while you “feel the burn.”
- At studios like Fitness Together, there are no membership or initiation fees. Clients pay for the sessions they commit to, period.
- Private and semi-private workout suites streamline exercise. This eliminates wasted time while waiting for equipment to free up.
- The trainers are certified. To date, personal training remains an unregulated industry, so you will want to find a studio that only hires accredited trainers. That being said, not all certification is created equal – so do your research.
- Many private personal training studios also offer semi-private workouts. Fitness Together Ellicott City, for instance, offers partner (1 trainer and two clients) and family training (1 trainer and up to four family members) that can maintain a personal, one-on-one sensibility while being slightly more economical.
Fitness Together Ellicott City is the premier private personal training studio in Howard County, and is just a short drive from Marriotsville and Columbia. To find out firsthand what we have to offer, call us today at (410) 750-2228.