Start Your Day off Right with a Healthy Breakfast
May 22, 2013
There is no doubt that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. With a well-balanced, healthy breakfast, you will recharge your brain and body and give yourself the boost that you need to perform an all-star presentation at work, plan your daughter’s wedding, or simply check things off your much-too-lengthy To Do list.
Start your day off right with these five healthy breakfast choices:
- Strawberries. Now in season, strawberries are a great additive for cereal, pancakes, or yogurt. They are packed with lots of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and can even help lower your risk for a heart attack. Not to mention, a cup of strawberries is usually only 46 calories!
- Vegetables. Vegetables, such as asparagus or mushrooms, taste great in omelets and give you the protein and healthy fats that you need.
- Whole grains. Researchers have linked whole grains to lower risks of heart disease, diabetes, and other health problems. Add a slice of 100% whole grain toast to your cereal, scrambled eggs, or oatmeal for a well-balanced meal.
- Orange juice. Orange juice is the best way to consume your vitamin C without actually eating the fruit. Plus, freshly squeezing your own juice is not only healthy, it’s fun, too!
- Coffee or tea. Most people start their day off with hot coffee or tea, but did you know that researchers have deemed these beverages superfoods? Both have major health benefits, including a reduced risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease. Coffee and tea can even help you lose weight! Just remember that these beverages are much healthier for you without the cream and sugar.
If you would like more information about creating healthy meals, contact Fitness Together Ellicott City today!