Personalized Virtual Fitness Classes vs. Fitness Apps
Feb 22, 2021
Whether enrolling in personalized virtual fitness classes or downloading the latest fitness app, workout enthusiasts and first timers have so many options to choose from when it comes to pursuing a healthier lifestyle these days. It can be tricky deciding where to invest your hard-earned money and your fleeting time.
Fitness apps offer a wealth of convenience, eliminating the need for membership fees and expensive exercise equipment. In some cases, you don’t even need to leave the house! And with today’s gadgetry and streaming services just a click away, people can choose the celebrity instructor, the style, and the duration that matches their every desire. Anxious to do some aerobics? There’s a fitness app for that! Is yoga more your speed? Just downward download it from the app store.
There’s an app available for almost anything these days. And the best part? No one is watching you (other than, maybe, the dog or cat) so there’s no chance of intimidation or embarrassment.
Here’s the thing. Well, things:
· It’s a veritable minefield. Because there is SO much content available at your fingertips, it can be daunting, not to mention monotonous, attempting to find a quality app that yields true results. Think of it this way: how much time do you typically spend aimlessly scrolling through Netflix or Hulu trying to decide on something to watch? Now imagine your weight loss and healthy lifestyle goals could be potentially tied to making the right choice.
· It’s still very much the wild, wild West on the Net. Believe it or not, many fitness apps remain unregulated. Without oversight on a grander scale, a self-professed fitness guru could actually be an unqualified yahoo who is wasting your time and money, at best – and possibly even jeopardizing your health.
· You’re not receiving personalized feedback. When you rely solely on pre-recorded video classes or step-by-step instructions, you’re more or less going solo. Without a certified instructor to tell you what you’re doing incorrectly, what you need to do more of, or how you may be on the verge of injury, you have no true way of gauging your progress, adjusting your form, or achieving your goals.
· Some apps are simply misleading. Look, there’s a good reason more than a third of consumers who have purchased a fitness tracker have given up using it within the first six months. A lion’s share of fitness apps are built to be integrated with such wearables, and are based on the misconception that if you eat less, and exercise more – you have it made. Users are encouraged to monitor what they eat and how much they workout, taking a strict “calories in, calories out” approach to weight loss. But we know from experience it’s not so simple, that certain medications – and even foods – impact hormone levels which impact weight, and that nutritional education paired with routine exercise is critical to striking and maintaining a better body weight.
With personalized virtual fitness classes, however, you get the best of both worlds: the ability to work out in the privacy of your own home, using your own personal computer, while also receiving customized workouts courtesy of a personal trainer you engage with 1:1.
Consider the benefits:
· Receive instruction, tips, and constructive critiques and adjustments from a certified personal trainer in real time.
· Your trainer will develop a customized workout regimen designed to fit your specific needs and health history, just like you would receive in-person at the studio.
· Work out in the comfort of your own home, using the tools and equipment available to you. No additional purchases are necessary. Your trainer will help you use what you have at home!
· Connect via a computer, tablet, or phone. It’s as simple as that!
Fitness Together Ellicott City has been providing personalized virtual fitness classes since early last year, and the response has been phenomenal.
If you want to discover the true difference between an unproven app and personalized fitness training that works, reach out to us. We can schedule a virtual fit evaluation and complete a virtual assessment to determine a baseline and create a game plan. From there, we will meet you wherever you are and start pursuing your fitness goals and a healthier future.